Tiny Book

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Keningau Vocational shines in Regional

The environmental/nature inspired script, 'Planet Pals', of Choral Speaking Angels have won the second runner up Regional Level Choral Speaking Competition after the group from Keningau Vocational College travelled to SMK Agama Keningau to compete in their next level, which boasts Drama Award-winning script writer Mr Sirhajwan Idek.



Sirhaj, a master of the script writing, has written on several college's scripts. Last year he teamed up for the first time with the college's Debate Angels, which was nominated for the remarkable substance.

"I was shocked and moved when I first heard these young students chantign Planet pols, which moved me to tears," said Mr Sirhajwan. "I couldn't explain what it was that moved me, so I kept listening every day, trying to find the answer."

Sirhajwan said it was perhaps the pure uninhibited quality of the students voices that makes his script so haunting.

The students couldn't believe it they make it to the top!
The junior, the new aspiring conductor of Choral Speaking Angels, Suhailah Binti Satinin,  has been an aficionado member of the team. The previous conductor, senior Intan Syafiqah gave the mandate to her after their victory in district level. "It's time for me to train the new conductor as I'll be leaving the college next year." sobbed her. "I believe in Suhailah, she's a quick learner, and she has never disappointed me."

The Choral Speaking Angels was established in 2012 with the support of the college's director after winning a number of local choir prizes. Established with only 30 members, the choir has now grown to more than 60.

The choir has since been invited to chant in several college's events, and put out a triumph earlier this year.

Mr Ibrahim Ismail said as long as there are one or two among these juniors who are willing to do the same as he has done, the Choral Speaking Angels will surely be passed on to another generation.